Call us: 608-365-8874

Our History

Our History 

The roots of today’s Stateline Boys & Girls Clubs go back to 1955 with the creation of the Beloit Boy’s Baseball programs. Formerly known as the Beloit Boys Club, our first permanent facility opened at 1851 Moore St. in 1960 with funds from the E.J. Dalton Foundation.

The addition of the South Beloit Club on Dorr Road in 1969 extended our service area into the communities of South Beloit, Roscoe and Rockton. In 1990 the Turtle Creek summer site was opened to serve the communities of Tiffany, Shopiere and Clinton. This was the organization’s first facility to include programs for girls.
 
By the late 1990s the three facilities were offering more than 30 programs a year and the staff and Board of Directors were faced with growth of at least a 33 percent in the coming years as all the programs were opened to girls. To keep up with the growing numbers and great need for " The Positive Place for Kids” the Stateline Boys & Girls Clubs undertook a major capital campaign.
 
The successful campaign facilitated the expansion of the Beloit Club. This 6,000-square-foot project added a gymnasium, game room, activity room, and girl’s locker room and restrooms. At the South Beloit Club a 15,000-square-foot addition included a gym, game room, activity room, and girl’s locker room and restrooms.
Share by: